On line Inquiry helps to View Actual and Budget Account Balances.
Through Online Inquiry you can
• Compute the Variance between Actual Budgeted Balance
• Drill down to see Journal entries through the account balances
• Drill down to see the Sub ledger transactions that comprise the Journals that comprise the Account Balances
• View Journal and Sub ledger transaction information as balanced accounting entries ( i.e. Debits equals to Credits) Or in the form of T- Account
- Use the Following Navigation Path to make an Account Inquiry. Inquiry: Account
- Enter period range and Account combination into the Account Inquiry screen.
- Click on to the relevant Inquiry Button i.e. Show Balances, Show Journal Detail and Show variance
Use the following Navigation Path to make an Account Inquiry. Inquiry: Account and the following Screen opens
- Enter Period range for which an Inquiry is to be made
- In the Currency field Select Currency Type.
- Enable Actual or Budget balance type for which an Inquiry is to be made
- Enable the relevant Factor keeping in view the level of inquiry required
- Enter Account combination in the Account section for which an inquiry is to be made.
- Information can be viewed at three Levels i.e., Show Balances, Show Journal
Detail and Show Variance
a. Show Balance
Click on Show Balance button and the following screen appears
This Screen will mainly show you the monthly balances against an Inquired account.
b. Show Journal Detail
Click on the Show Journal Detail Button and the following screen appears
In this screen you can view the Batch name, Journal Entry description, entry Source, Currency, Debit and Credit Amounts
If you want to see the Journal detail click on Show Full Journal button. Finally if you want to see the balances detail click on to Detail Balances button in the Account Inquiry window.
c. Show Variance
If you want see the Variance of Actual and Budgeted balances click on Show Variance button.