Directions: Request a Standard Report
In this lesson you will learn how to create and run the “RIT Account Analysis – Subledger” report.
NOTE: This report provides the transaction detail for all of the object codes listed on your department and project statements for a period. Use this report to reconcile your monthly transaction detail and use the information as supporting documentation for all manual journal entries.
- At the “RIT – GL – COS RPT & INQ – 67000-67099” Navigator screen, make sure “Reports” is highlighted.
- Click on “Open”.
- Click on the LOV in the “Name” field.
- Select the “RIT Account Analysis – Subledger” report.
- Enter the Accounting Period(s) you want to see transaction detail.
- Enter the Account information in the RIT CHART OF ACCOUNTS window then click the “OK” button.
NOTE 1: By entering values 00 – ZZ for the ENTITY, OBJECT, and EXPENSE CATEGORY, you are able to check to see if a transaction was posted to an incorrect combination. This creates a more efficient reconciliation.
NOTE 2: This report will only provide summary information for payroll expenses. Detail is available by running the “Payroll Distribution Report”. This report is only available to users who have a responsibility RIT – GL – RPT, INQ & PRL. For more information on running Payroll Distribution Reports, contact the Payroll Office at ext. 5-5580 or 5-6984
- Click on the “OK” button to open the “Submit Request” window.
NOTE 3: The PDF, HTML or Excel formats can be used to view and print this report.
The right one to choose depends on personal preference and reporting needs. PDF is the default format. If this is your choice then skip this step and submit your report.
- From the “Submit Request
- Click on the “Options” button.
- Click in the “Format” column of the “Layout” section.
- Click on the LOV field.
- From the drop down list select either Excel or HTML
- Click the “OK” button in the “Upon Completion…” window to submit to the “Submit Request” window.
- From the Submit Request Window click on the “Submit” button.
- Click the “Refresh Data” button.
- Once the report is “Completed”, click on the “View Output” button
Below is an excerpt from the report you just ran.
Below is an example of payroll entries (note the “Line Descr/Commitment” column)
Summary of Steps to Request and Print the RIT Account Analysis – Subledger
- In the Navigator screen, make sure “Reports” is highlighted. Click once on “Open”. This will bring up the “Submit a New Request” screen.
- Press the “OK” button to request a single request and open the “Submit Request” screen.
- Click once on the LOV field to the right of the “Name” field. The Reports screen appears.
- Click once on your selection, choosing one of the reports in the list of values.
RIT Account Analysis – Subledger
- The Parameters screen appears
- With your cursor positioned in the “”Period From” field, click on the LOV field to the right of the “Period From” field.
- Click on the period you wish to start with.
- With your cursor positioned in the “Period To” field, click on the LOV field to the right of the “Period To” field.
- Click on the period you wish to end with
- Click on the “Account Flexfield From” field. In the “Chart of Accounts” window, enter the range of accounts you want to see the detail.
- Click on the “OK” button to populate the “Account Flexfield From” and Account Flexfield To” fields.
- Your cursor will move to the “First order by” field, which defaults to “Department”.
- If you want to have the report sort and page break by project number, select “Project” from the LOV.
- The RIT Account Analysis – Subledger report will not print from a networked printer.
- If running the RIT Account Analysis – Subledger report you can change the report layout format by clicking on the “Options” button in the “Submit Request” window.
- In the “Layout” section place your cursor in the “Format” column and click on the LOV field to select a PDF, HTML or EXCEL format.
- Skip over the “Print Output To:” section and click on the “OK” button.