Journal batches generated from Accounts Payables or Procurement Services will have a source of “Payables”. Journal batches generated from Accounts Receivables will have a source of “Receivables” In order to view more information on Payables, Procurement Services, or Receivables batches you would click on the “Drilldown” button in the Journals window.
Objective: At the end of this lesson you will be able to drilldown on a subledger entry processed by Accounts Payables.
- From the Navigator select “Inquiry” then either click on the word or click on the “Open” button on the lower right corner of the window.
- The “Account” function will be highlighted. Either click on the word or click on the “Open” button on the lower right corner of the window.
- The Account Inquiry (RIT) window will open automatically on top of your Navigator screen.
Since the subledger information provides detail about a purchase order and the payment of those goods and services, we will review a transaction created by a purchase order and subsequently paid to the vendor by Accounts Payables once the goods were received and the invoice was matched to the PO.
- In the “Account Inquiry” window, change the period to MAR-16
- In the “Accounts” section, enter the following information in the “Find Accounts” window and click on the “OK” button. (NOTE: Capital equipment must be purchased using a PO#). The capital equipment project number for all RIT operating accounts is #84200.
- Once the “Account” field is populated, click on the “Show Balances” button.
- Once the “Detail Balances” window is open, click on the “Journal Details” button.
- Once the “Journals (RIT)” window is open, click on the “Drilldown” button.
The Drilldown button takes you into the Accounts Payable Oracle application in order to view the invoice information. The “View Journal Entry Lines” screen opens in a browser window. This screen shows a line for each item included on the invoice and the amount paid for each item that add up to the total amount charged.
From this screen you can click on the “View Transaction” button to drilldown to the “Invoice Workbench” to view the Payables information, (Supplier, PO and Invoice number), detail behind a transaction, view the journal entry for a transaction or export the detail to Excel.
- In the “View Journal Entry Lines” (RIT) page, select the circle in the “Select” column
- Click on the “View Transaction” button right above the “Accounts Description” column.
The Invoice Workbench form is displayed on his screen. The browser window is no longer necessary and can be closed.
After clicking on the “View Transaction” button, the Advanced Search screen is replaced by an Oracle e-business suite screen in your browser window. In the background Oracle has opened up the Invoice Workbench form within the Applications.
In the upper section of the “Invoice Workbench” screen you can see that the PO Number is 169763, the Supplier name in the “Trading Partner” field is “FISHER SCIENTIFIC”, the Supplier number in the “Supplier Num” field is “1785”, the Supplier Site is “ACCT # 705716-0”, the Invoice date is “01-MAR-2016”, and the Invoice number in the “Invoice Num” field is “8741579”.
In the lower section of the “Invoice Workbench” screen there are six tabs that provide Invoice, Purchase Order and Payment information.
- On the “1 General” tab and you will see that the total invoice in the amount of $ 6,534.17 has been fully paid.
- Click on the “2 Lines” tab you will again see the PO Number 169763, the Quantity ordered for the purchase, and a left – right scroll bar.
- Using the scroll bar, scroll to the right you will see the unit prices and item descriptions.
NOTE: Tab “3 Hold”. If a check has been processed but an issue arises prior to payment (e.g. matching the invoice to the PO) then AP will not release it until the process has been completed.NOTE: Tab “3 Hold”. If a check has been processed but an issue arises prior to payment (e.g. matching the invoice to the PO) then AP will not release it until the process has been completed.
- Click on the “4 View Payments” tab and you will see the check number. If the payment was made via wire, that would
- Click on the “Payments Overview” button to see the dollar amount of the check, if /when the check cleared, the address payment was sent, and the invoice(s) paid on that check.
- Click on the “X” in the top right hand corner to close the window and bring you back to the “Navigator” form in the application. Close all other windows.
NOTE: If the payment you are inquiring on is Electronic then the supplier’s Address field on the Payment Overview screen will be blank.
Summary of Steps to Perform an Account Inquiry:
- Log on to the Oracle applications and select the “RIT – GL – REPORT & INQUIRY” responsibility from your list of responsibilities on your home page.
- From the “Inquiry” menu listed to the right of the list of responsibilities, click on “Account”.
- The Account Inquiry screen will appear, with the cursor blinking in the “Name” field of the “Ledger/Ledger Set” section. Press the tab key to move the cursor to the “From” field in the “Accounting Periods” section. The system will automatically display the current accounting period in both the “From” and “To” fields.
- If you would like to select a different accounting period, place your cursor in the field you would like to change. Click once on the LOV field to the right of the “From” and “To” fields. In the list of values that appears, click once to highlight your selection and click on the “OK” button.
- The system will automatically fill in the values for “Currency Type”. Press the Tab key to arrive at the middle portion of your screen.
- “Actual” is the default select under Primary Balance. Hit your Tab key (unless you would like to select another Balance Type).
- Tab over the “Factor” and “Summary Template” fields on your screen, until you arrive at the Accounts area of the screen.
- When the Find Accounts screen appears, enter your 24-digit account number in the “Low” column.
- If you would like to query a range of accounts, you can enter two different values in the “High” and “Low” columns in this screen.
- Click on the “OK” button. This brings up the Account Inquiry (RIT) screen.
- In order to review the balance on any of the accounts listed, click on the box next to the account number.
- Click once on the “Show Balances” button.
- If the screen does not reflect all of the fields you are interested in viewing, click once on the Folder Tools icon on the Toolbar.
- Click once on the Show Field icon in the Folder Tools screen.
- Make your selection from the list of field values that appears by clicking once on it.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- To return to the original view, click once on the Hide Field icon on the Folder Tools screen.
- To print the account balance screen, go to the Menu Bar.
- Click on “File”
- Click on “Print”
- When the Print screen appears, select your desktop printer and click on “OK”.
- To review an individual journal that makes up the balance on the account, click once in the “PTD” column in the first row to select it.
- Click once on the “Journal Details” button. This brings up the Journals (RIT) screen, listing all of the entries in the selected journal.
- To view journal entry detail click on the “Show Full Journal” button to view the actual journal entry.
- To view the history of this entry, click once on “Help” in the menu bar at the top of this screen.
- Select “Record History” and click on it. The Record History screen opens.
- Click on “OK”
- In order to examine a specific invoice from Accounts Payable, click once on the first field in the row containing Payables Purchase Invoices in the Journals (RIT) screen to select it.
- Click once on the “Drilldown” button to go into the “View Journal Entry Lines” screen which will open in a new browser window.
- From this screen click on the “View Journal Entry” button to view the journal entry or the “Export” button to export the details on this screen to Excel.
- Click on the “View Transaction” button to view the “Invoice Workbench” screen which provides you with transaction details such as Supplier, PO number, and Invoice number. The Oracle e-business suite browser window can be closed at this time.
- In the upper section of the Invoice Workbench screen you can see the Supplier name, Supplier number, Supplier Site, Invoice date and the Invoice number.
- In the lower section of the “Invoice Workbench” screen there are six tabs that provide Invoice, Purchase Order and Payment information.
- Click on the “Lines” tab to see item descriptions and the Purchase order number.
- Click on the “View Payments” tab and then the “Payments Overview” button. From the “Payments Overview” screen you can see whether the check has cleared the bank and on what date.
- To return to the Account Inquiry screen from the Payables screens, click on the Close box in the upper right corner of each screen.